the winter soldier + quotes (inspired by [x])
HIGHER, FURTHER, FASTER, MORE!
Captain Marvel by Kelly Sue DeConnick & David Lopez
HEY HEY HEY HEYYYYYYYY MY FAVORITE QUEER DRUNK ASSHOLE POET TURNED 450 TODAY (and let me tell you, there is a lot of competition for the title “favorite queer drunk asshole poet”)
BUT as we all know, there is some controversy over who ACTUALLY wrote shakespeare’s plays!
so in order to mark this SERIOUS and LEGITIMATE issue, i have compiled the most likely theories in this comprehensive list:
- in julius caesar, cassius says, “this is my birthday; on this very day cassius was born.” on that same day, cassius DIES. guess who else was not only born on april 23, but died april 23?? that’s right, shakespeare. english playwright? or ancient roman ghost bent on revenge? YOU BE THE JUDGE.
- shakespeare married a woman called anne hathaway. BATMAN ALSO MARRIED ANNE HATHAWAY. have you ever seen shakespeare and batman in the same place at the same time??????
- lived in london? totally encountered prostitutes several times? probably spoke english? william shakespeare……. or JACK THE RIPPER
- uh, excuse me, an uneducated glovemaker’s son couldn’t possibly have written the 38 works of art attributed to shakespeare. please consider instead this picture of a cat pushing another cat in a shopping cart. you’re welcome.
- ””“”“”“”“”“president obama????”“”“”“”“” more like PRESIDENT WILLIAMSHAKESPOBAMA. wake UP, america
- ME I’M WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE I HAVE BEEN SHAKESPEARE ALL ALONG AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU FOOLS YOU IGNORANT FOOLS
"they heisenberged us!"
BLACK WIDOW #8
NATHAN EDMONDSON (W) • PHIL NOTO (A/C)
• On a snowy night in Prague, Natasha must fight her way out of disaster alongside the WINTER SOLDIER!
• Meanwhile, Isaiah has business of his own in London, but a simple plan gets complicated.
• Nathan Edmonson and Phil Noto continue their uninterrupted run on one of the most acclaimed books of the year.
kate: really. with the abs and the—
HAWKEYE #3 (2012)
"According to the facility specs Coulson provided me, the targeting mechanism can be manually operated from the launch pad in the event of a catastrophe.
And I am a one woman catastrophe.”
nightcall | a cyberpunk / 80’s winter soldier fanmix | listen
Q: Did you have any rituals while putting on the costume, that helped you get into character? Sebastian Stan: “I played a lot of sound tracks from different movies. Also Daft Punk was huge for me and David Bowie and The Terminator soundtrack, believe it or not. I love music. You know, I’ve always wanted to do an ’80’s movie! I love that music!” (x)